To be a premier driving force for business and community prosperity in Central Virginia.
To be an organization of business and community leaders working together to serve the interests of our members by providing programs and services which improve the economic vitality of our community.
The Bedford Area Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit organization of business and community leaders working together to serve the interests of its members by providing programs and services which improve the economic vitality of the Bedford area by enhancing the business community through advocacy, education, exposure, and networking.
The Chamber holds its primary office in the Town of Bedford and is dedicated to working closely with the Town and County in support of tourism and economic development in the district.
The Bedford Area Chamber of Commerce serves the Town of Bedford and the communities of Big Island, Forest, Goode, Montvale, New London, Smith Mountain Lake, Stewartsville, Thaxton and extends to other communities in the surrounding region including Lynchburg, Roanoke, Amherst, Altavista, and more.
Since 1939, the Bedford Area Chamber of Commerce has served as the “front door” to Bedford businesses and continues to provide an active forum for leadership in the community. The Chamber acts as an advocate for local businesses in many ways.
The Bedford Chamber offers many programs and events to both its membership and the greater community each year, including:
- Several larger Signature Events, such as a job fair and Christmas market
- Many open-to-the-public networking events
- A 6-month leadership class and other opportunities for professional development
- A podcast featuring a different member each week and opportunities for advertising
- Opportunities for Member-to-Member Deals and Community Deals
- A weekly segment on Radio434's TheMIKEShow which members are welcome to join
- Two leads groups; one in Forest and one in Bedford
- An Ambassador program for volunteers who serve as both Chamber liaisons and help with events
- Several volunteer committees and task forces open to members, including Workforce Development, Government Affairs, Marketing, and Awards Selection
- A scholarship for students with aspirations in trades
- Co-organizational events with institutions, government, and members