To be a premier driving force for business and community prosperity in Central Virginia.
To be an organization of business and community leaders working together to serve the interests of our members by providing programs and services which improve the economic vitality of our community.
The Bedford Area Chamber of Commerce is a 501(c)6 not-for-profit organization of business and community leaders working together to serve the interests of its members. We do this by providing programs and services which improve the economic vitality of the Bedford area by enhancing the business community through advocacy, education, exposure, and networking.
The Chamber holds its primary office in the Town of Bedford and is dedicated to working closely with the Town and County in support of tourism and economic development in the district.
The Bedford Area Chamber of Commerce serves the Town of Bedford and the communities of Big Island, Forest, Goode, Montvale, New London, Smith Mountain Lake, Stewartsville, Thaxton and extends to other communities in the surrounding region including Lynchburg, Roanoke, Amherst, Altavista, and more.
Since 1939, the Bedford Area Chamber of Commerce has served as the “front door” to Bedford businesses and continues to provide an active forum for leadership in the community. The Chamber acts as an advocate for local businesses in many ways.
The Bedford Chamber offers many programs and events to both its membership and the greater community each year, including:
- Several larger Signature Events, such as a job fair and Christmas market
- Many open-to-the-public networking events
- A 6-month leadership class and other opportunities for professional development
- A podcast featuring a different member each week and opportunities for advertising
- Opportunities for Member-to-Member Deals and Community Deals
- A weekly segment on Radio434's TheMIKEShow which members are welcome to join
- Two leads groups; one in Forest and one in Bedford
- An Ambassador program for volunteers who serve as both Chamber liaisons and help with events
- Several volunteer committees and task forces open to members, including Workforce Development, Government Affairs, Marketing, and Awards Selection
- A scholarship for students with aspirations in trades
- Co-organizational events with institutions, government, and members
About Our Foundation
The Bedford Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation, Inc. was organized and incorporated in 2014. The Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation organized to manage and distribute funds and resources to further the development of the community through activities that are exclusively charitable, scientific or educational.
Bedford Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation Mission
To develop, promote, and manage economic development, workforce development, and educational opportunities and initiatives throughout Bedford County and the Town of Bedford, Virginia with the ultimate objective of enhancing the business climate and workforce throughout the region. In an effort to promote school/business partnerships and educate our business members and the public about the role education plays in improving the business climate and quality of life in our region, the Bedford Area Chamber of Commerce strives to collaborate with Bedford County Public Schools and provide several youth-oriented initiatives. These include the CTE Expo, Annual Job Fair, and BACC Scholarship for students seeking technical education.
3 ways to get involved!
- VOLUNTEER or participate in an education or workforce development program or the Workforce Development Committee.
- ADVOCATE for our initiatives at your workplace and in the community.
- INVEST an individual gift or sponsorship donation from your business.