The Bagel & I Ribbon Cutting
Leadership Bedford provides a unique benefit of facilitating today’s existing and emerging leaders. This 5 -month program provides classic training in leadership styles and techniques while incorporating community knowledge. Team building is a big part of the training and this year we will add service to 2 non-profits. We will also include a class project. This is a certified John Maxwell Course.
Administrative Assistant Job Duties
Day to Day Operations
- Process mail - log checks, sort invoices, etc.
- Process deposits and credit cards
- Complete reports for Bookkeeping
- Manage member database (includes set up and closure of member files)
- Update Member Events on website
- Return phone calls & email requests
- Newsletter send out to all members on Fridays
- Manage newspaper content once a month to 3 newspapers
- Respond to member issues and questions as needed
- Process Monthly Membership Payments
- Maintain organized filling system
- Development of new member files
- Filing of member invoices and applications
- Greet visitors
- Answer phones - visitor requests, member information, referrals
- Assist President - correspondence, appointments, weekly updates, membership reports
- Produce mailing labels for member mailings
- Process all outgoing mailings - new member letters, non renewal letters
- Prep and attend Board of Directors meetings; records and transcribes minutes
- Track attendance for seminars, legislative breakfasts, and other functions & events/generate invoices-contact bookkeeping
- Prep for Networking Events/Follow up duties - registration table host and send thank you to event host after the event within one week
- Maintain Petty Cash and reconciling, working with Bookkeeping when needed
- Attend Staff Meetings
- Filing invoices from Bookkeeping
- Sending relocation info as requested or send to the Bedford Welcome Center
- Check event box for needs and office supplies
- Certificates of Origin...Seal and stamp as needed
- Assists in preparing Chamber Focus publications - coordinate newspaper articles
- Send bookkeeping information w/ member changes such as mailing address, etc.
- Maintain Sign out front
- Maintain brochure racks and business cards
- Helps with any and all Events as needed, scheduled for any given time
- Other duties that are needed as assigned by the CEO
Email Resume directly to the CEO - email@example.com.
Membership Sales Job Duties
- Sales of memberships is the key function of this position. Implement an effective and aggressive retention program that will increase membership to the goals set by the CEO and the Strategic Plan of the Board of Directors. Work with Chamber Staff and Volunteers to ensure chamber programs and benefits are begin utilized by Chamber Members. This is a 1099 position.
Duties and Responsibilities
Recruit new members and increase the net membership numbers and dollars per budget goals.
- It is recommended that a minimum of 3-5 appointments per day be scheduled with new member prospects to recruit them for membership, and/or with current members to present tiered options.
- Give membership update to staff at weekly staff meetings
- Report to CEO on a weekly basis the past week's progress/success
- Actively seek out leads for sales prospects
- Make sure all prospects receive a personal call of invitation and attempt to schedule a personal appointment, and assure materials are delivered and presented to those available to meet
- Work towards monthly, quarterly, and annual recruitment goals set with Pres/CEO
- Other duties as assigned
Pay is commission based structured upon sales of memberships and sponsorships along with hourly pay and incentive plan.
Email Resume directly to the CEO - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for a job or know someone who is? Click on the link below to view some of our members' open positions!
Welcome to the Bedford Area Chamber of Commerce!
“It is a well-managed organization that puts the needs of local business first. In today’s fast paced business environment I rely on the Chamber to keep us informed of the needs and concerns of our community. It is important for businesses to support the Bedford community in which we work, live, and play.”
Jim Mercadante, General Manager , Cintas Corporation
“The Bedford Chamber gets to know its members and genuinely has their best interests at heart. As new members we’ve been constantly impressed by the organization, drive, and enthusiasm of the entire chamber staff.”
John Hall, Advisor , Lynchburg Wealth Management
“Our Chamber, because of its strong leadership, dedicated staff and numerous volunteers, provides an excellent service to its members. Our Chamber has its finger on the pulse of local/state initiatives and challenges. Every area business should become a member of the Bedford Area Chamber of Commerce. “
Jim Burns, Human Resources Manager , CommScope
"Servpro has been a member of the Bedford Area Chamber of Commerce for many years now and knows without a doubt how hard the employees and fellow Chamber members work to bring us business. Being a member of the Chamber is not only about getting business, but developing relationships with other business owners so you can refer business to them as well.”
“As a business owner, I would have to say that joining the Bedford Chamber is one of the fastest ways to become recognized locally. When I joined the Bedford Chamber, I immediately realized, this is one of the best decisions I made for my business. I have so enjoyed getting to see what the Bedford Chamber does for the area and the small businesses in Bedford County. I am so impressed with the community of members and the value you provide for these events. Networking is so key to the growth of small business and the Bedford Chamber is such a vital connection to make it happen."
Brett Howell, Synergy Develops
Mark Your Calendar
In the News
The Bedford Area Chamber of Commerce is an organization of business and community leaders working together to serve the interests of our members by providing programs and services which improve the economic vitality of our community enhancing the business community through advocacy, education and networking